Sunday, February 15, 2015

Marvel Mega Bloks

I have the three common blind-bag minifigure series.  
I have the Amazing Spider-Man, Iron Man 3, and Captain America sets.
I am looking for some of the older squatty figures circa 2004-2008. 

I am looking for the Fantastic 4 figures:


Shot-legged squatty Spider-Man figures especially Green Goblin, Venom and Carnage:


Also looking for newer, not-squatty version of The Hulk (2008 movie) and Rhino (set 1947).


Finally, the X-Force Wolverine which came in this weird Easter egg in 2011:



Here is an example of a junk lot that I missed on eBay.
You can see Green Goblin, Carnage, Human Torch, and freaking Rhino right there. Doh!


Also, if you just want to lament with me for a moment on Mega Bloks mishandling of the Marvel characters and license... just look at this picture of what could have been.  These are prototypes (Toyfair 2011) -- not customs.  Man, I wish these had been made available somehow. Oh, well.


Actually, just examining this publicly showcased display with all the accessories missing and absolutely no life to their poses, I suppose it is no wonder that Marvel pulled the plug and headed for Lego as quickly as possible.  Yeesh!

No comments:

Post a Comment